Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The best thing ever!!!!

Trisha just posted a yummy recipe so I have decided that I would post one myself. Its so good and it makes two different dinners also. Trisha said that her dinner is good and its good for you! I dont really think that mine is good for you, but its super GOOD!

Cabbage Rolls
Meat: Bake @ 350 for 3 1/2 hours
2 1/2 lbs hamburger
1/2 c. tomato
1 tbs. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/3 c. crushed soda crackers
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. minute rice
1 onion chopped
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Sauce:
2 Quart tom. juice
1 1/2 c ketchup
2 tbs. salt
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
1 c. sugar
8 oz tom. sauce

1 Head of cabbage

Directions: boil the cabbage and take apart so you can wrap the meat mixture in them. Mix everything that is in the meat section and then roll it into an oval shape, then wrap one piece of cabbage around the meat. Place the cabbage roll into a casserole dish. Mix the sauce mixture together and then pour over cabbage rolls. Cover and then put in the oven!

Freeze or Refrigerate the remaining sauce after your done eating. When you want Spaghetti then do the following add a couple of the big cooked sausages and cut them up. Put the sausage in the sauce and let it boil. Then that makes really good spaghetti sauce. LOVE IT!!!

I hope you guys try it, because you will absolutely love it to death. My entire family loves it! When we've made it for parties its a big hit!

3 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

I am definitely going to have to try it. I just got your message. Sorry I haven't called you! Mark wrecked out car yesterday so we have been dealing with that lately. Yeah, sucks big time. You don't need to worry about my birthday, seriously!!! I definitely want to get together. I am super busy still this week!!! But I am GOING to learn how to knit. Are you still willing to come teach the young women how to stitch???? Anyway, love ya!!

Tami said...

ok those pictures below of your boys in their costumes are seriously adorable. They look like twins do people ask if they are? Those costumes are so cute you should let them wear them this year They look too cute to only wear one time.

Trisha said...

YUM YUM YUM!! I will definitely try that one out. Thanks for posting a recipe, I say we do that more often. It is so fun to get other people's recipes, don't you think?

Last day of Preschool and first broken finger!

Last day of Preschool and first broken finger!